Re: Samba and LyX

Excerpts from mail: 24-Oct-96 Samba and LyX by Brian Schramm@csd.net
> 1.      I use NT as a network here(choke).  So I need the Samba routiens
> running.  Although on Slackware I had some other problems with it
> (probably the version levels I was using), On this one I cannot see long
> filenames.  I am using the smbmount command like I am supose to and I
> compiled the smb support into the kernal.  I figure that it is something
> simple but I do not know.

When configuring the kernel, choose the option that allows you to use
experimental drivers. Then you will see the samba long filenames driver,
I haven't tried it yet, my new compiled gernel gives me a gpf :) Also of
note, this is in the 2.0.6 source which can be gotten as a debian
package, there more recent kernels probably have better versions of the
long file names driver if this one doesn't work...

Until now I didn't even know about smbmount though I looked at
NET-2-HOWTO and such... can anyone tell me how do I get a list of
services or whatever that I could mount with it?

Also, anyone get Appletalk working?

Thanks,

Raf