How compile a new module with just the base package??

Hi all.

One note to say thanks to all the people who e-mailed with my initial
install problem.

I have another question about my ethernet card support. I have an
etherlink iii XL card which is not supported by the loadable modules. I
found a patch to replace the driver file 3c59x.c which when replaced
will allow the system to load the driver and will support my ethernet
card but here is my problem.

I have only the base system installed and can't access the rest of the
debian package because it is on my other system. I need to have ftp
access to get it and so require some way of updating the module for the
ethernet card.

If anyone has any suggestions could you please e-mail?

Thanks in advance.