OFF TOPIC [was]Re: FTP/NFS install via 3COM 3C589C?

On Sat, 12 Oct 1996, Dominik Kubla wrote:

> Just copy the pcmcia-cs packages on a floppy, install them from there and you
> can access the network, but beware: NFS might still not work due to a bug
> in the kernel package, the versions didn't match the last time i tried... :(
> I used FTP to install enough to recompile the kernel, after the installation
> i use dselect to get the rest via NFS.
>
> There are so many notebook users around that a PCMCIA install disk might
> be a good idea.
>
> Dominik Kubla

Dominik,

Sorry to bother you about this, but I haven't had too much
luck at Kingston.  I have a kingston KNE-PCM/M PC Card
ethernet card I'd like to use with Debian.  The pcmcia-ps
package seems to support it and recognize it, but I'm unable
to get the card to work.  I was using a Xircom, but that's
not supported under Linux.  I'd like to switch, but can't
get the Kingston to transmit.  I have Win95 (unfortunately)
instaled on the first partition, and the kingston doesn't
work there either, although Device Manager reports all is
well.  Do you have any experience with these cards?  Do you
have any idea what may be wrong?  The Xircom card works in
the same slot, with the samce network cabling.

Thanks in advance

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com
011-81-3-3437-7967 - Tokyo, Japan