pcmcia ethernet cont'd

OK here's what I did.

I've installed the buzz-updates disks and I have a 2.0.6 kernel now
and I've added the pcmcia_cs package and the modules that go with it
and my system recognises the 3c589c at boot time. However, it doesn't
setup the interface for some reason and my "strobe light" is hard on
on the card's interface.

So, if I execute "network" manually it starts up correctly....

I'm guessing that when I did the install the setup scripts couldn't
detect the interface and so wrote the /etc/init.d/network file but
didn't create the rcn.d link. Would this be correct?