2 versions of some packages

Currently, there are two versions of Lyx (one in contrib and one in
section tex). Is there any reason for this?

Also, there are two version of gs (Aladdin and GNU versions). While I see
the need for two versions here, perhaps they should be named differently
(gs_alladin and gs_gnu both providing gs). Having two versions with the
same name confuses dftp. I don't know if dselect can cope better with this
or not.

Gerry
gerry@optimed.com