Re: [comp.os.linux.announce] Clarification - Linux-FT, The Road Ahead

From: Amos Shapira <amos@dsi.co.il>

[Statement about the Linux POSIX compliance effort]
> Does the main figures in the Debian community have anything to say about
> this? Do you intend to cooperate in this important effort?

I just uploaded the POSIX.1 test suite to our master site. It will show
up tonight in
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/project/misc/NIST-PCTS_151-2.tar.gz

NIST decided to make the suite available without charge. The Debian
Project most heartily applauds this decision. In fact we most heartily
jump up and down with glee and cheer unabashedly.

My plan is to package the POSIX.1 test suite so that any user can run it
and independently verify the POSIX.1 compliance of his/her system.
For this, we need volunteers. So far, Klee Dienes <klee@sedona.com> has
said he'd look at it but hasn't made a committment. We need more people
to look at and work on this. Please volunteer if you can.

I don't know anything about the XPG4 test suite. Is it available to us?

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens, Pixar Animation Studios
*** "Toy Story" video tape in U.S. stores October 30 ***