Re: pine+netscape

On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, besnard wrote:

> When i select my packages, i do pine+netscape.

Pine (and I believe Netscape) are in the non-free section. Unless you have
downloaded this section from one of the mirrors, it is not likely to be on
any CDs. Plus, with netscape, you will only get an installation program.
You will need to download a copy of the tar.gz archive from netscape (and
I believe place it in tmp) so that the debian netscape package can install
it.
This is most probably why they never showed up (I am assuming you used
dselect to make your installation).
You can install individual packages using:

dpkg -i /path-to-package/package-name_version.deb

Luck,

Dwarf