Re: cfingerd and .plan question

Gerry Jensen writes:
-> This is probably a dumb question, but with cfingerd 1.2.2-3, I can't get
-> it to display my .plan file. I've made it world readable and the
-> configuration is supposedly set up to show .plan files (as the default).
-> However, I always get:
->
->    Plan:
->    This user has no plan.
->
-> Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

Is your home directory world executable? If not, cfingerd can't see
that there's a .plan file there, and won't be able to display it.

Try "chmod go+x ~" and see if that fixes the problem.

-Larry

--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  vizzie@airmail.net / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/