smail

Ok, I need help.  I have a Debian box ver 1.1, I'm running smail on
it.  It does not have a ppp or slip connection to the Internet,
therefore it has no real DNS ability, but it does connect via a
network card to our mail server that is handling all mail for our
network.  Now I want to run my listservers on the Debian box, but
both Majordomo, and Listserv depend on smail for outbound mail, and
smail keeps reporting errors that connection to the BIND server has
failed.  This is my setup for smail:

set for Internet mail
all outbound mail is to go to a smarthost
Debian was configured for smail with no DNS

Please can someone give me some advice, no matter what I try it just
seems to get worse.

Thanks...
Tim Trimble