RE: Help with diald?

Hi,

Yves Arrouye said:

>I'd like to know, too, how I can arrange things so that when I mail to
>someone outside my domain diald does not try to dial.

If you're using sendmail, you can instruct it to queue your mail and
attempt to deliver it next time you connect. Local mail will still be
delivered offline, but not immediately.

As root, go to the sendmail configuration file, sendmail.cf (probably in
/etc/mail), and search for the line beginning "Od". Change the remainder
of the line to "background". Then restart the sendmail daemon with
"/etc/init.d/sendmail restart" first. (If it complains, run
"/etc/init.d/sendmail stop" then "/etc/init.d/sendmail start".)

HTH.
Casper Boden-Cummins.