Re: newsreader problem?

Hi David --

You asked:
> I've problem with Netscape3.0 newsreader in Linux. When I do
> 'Show All Newsgroup', I don't get the complete(which I get when
> I do this in Windoz) list. I tried knews and had same problem.

Have you set up a value for NNTPSERVER?  For example, have you set

export NNTPSERVER=my_news_server.market1.com

(or whatever is appropriate), before you called Netscape?
Or, better yet, did you do that in your login script?
If you're setting up a news server on your own machine, you'd probably
set the value for nntpserver in the /etc/nntpserver file, which would
(I imagine) be read at boot-up time.  I'm not too sure about this;
I haven't been running a news server on my machine for a while.

You might take a look in your ~/.netscape/preferences file.
In particular, if you execute

     grep -i news ~/.netscape/preferences

you can see what NEWS variables are set in it.

HTH,
Susan Kleinmann