Re: The *"'($^"'( list... and Xdm login

> From:          "Randall Shutt" <rshutt@extacy.ravenet.com>
>      Yeah, Ive unsubscribed from this list about 2 weeks ago, everything was
> fine, and now Im recieveing mail again.  I tried to mail
> debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org and debian-user-REQUEST@pixar.com and both
> gave me instructions on how to unsubscribe (which were, incidently the same
> procedure that I was using).  So, I REALLY hate posting to the list about this,
> but since listname-request is fuckin broken, I have no choice.  Thanks

I think many people are in the same situation. they unsubscribed
several weeks ago, and they receive mails agin since the begining
of the week.

perhaps a good answer to this question is not only to unsubscribe
concerned people, but to explain evrybody how to unsubscribe
definitively...

a simple question about xdm :

  my root password is ... say "toto". when i try to login
  with password "totoxxx", it works. The xdm login
  only compares characters from the begining, to the end of
  the password. is it normal ???

thanks,

Richard