Re: g

This may be way off, but some of us have trouble loading Linux from
floppy if the cache is turned on.  Try turning off cache and see if the
problem goes away.

Typically, the cache issue shows up while the kernel is being
decompressed, not during the initial boot.  The solution given below by
Heiko is more likely the correct one.

Chris -)-----

On Sep 26, 10:51am, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> Subject: g
: d. mashao wrote:
: :
: : I am trying to upgrade from linux kernel 1.2.1 (Unifix 1.6) to
: : either Debian or Slackware. I have been persuaded by all this talk
: : about Debian system.
:
: .... nice.
:
: : I followed the instructions on making floppies but unfortunately
the
: : process stops after reading the boot disk with the error message:
:
: Reads as if your floppy disk is demaged.  Make a _new_ boot floppy.

crh@nts.umn.edu              Networking and Telecommunications Services