SVGAlib and a Newer Mach 64

I have been unable to get any of the console graphics games to work on my
box, in any mode.

I have a Mach 64 2Meg card ( I forget the exact model, I believe a
CT-something or other) that required the F-beta of the XF86_Mach64 server.

I can't even get it anything to come up if I force the SVGA libraries to
think its a regular VGA card.  It says "Mode not availiable"

Has anyone had any luck getting a setup like this to work?

I'm sorry the problem is vague, but if there is any info I can give could
help I can dig up more specs.

Thanks,

Greg