Re: argh, NIS!

In article <[🔎] 52bs4u$p3v@drinkel.cistron.nl>,
Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@drinkel.cistron.nl> wrote:
>Perhaps you have setup your ethernet / localhost interfaces wrong? NIS
>depends on broadcasts.. If the broadcast address is wrong, it will not
>work. Check /etc/init.d/network.

I thought that using broadcasting to find ypserver was considered
a security hazard, and it was better to explicitly specify the
server location?  (ie, that this is what NIS+, and hence NYS was
going to require)?

Hmmmm....   course, I've not read much documenation since I got
my system setup nearly 2 years ago... perhaps time for a
refresher...

mrc
--
      Mike Castle        Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
 mcastle@concentric.net  and be right all the time, or not work at all