Re: Scsi errors

> In your email to me, mattice@mattice.reslife.okstate.edu, you wrote:
> >
> > 	It's down to 3.3...  Any other settings to jack with??
>
> Make sure you have the shortest cable possible, and good termination.
> Other than that, try another scsi cable.
>
> Tim

	Thanks to all who have replied, but nothing has helped.  I've got
a 4 inch cable hooked up between the drive and the card now, but that
didn't do it.  The drive is a SCSI-III so I believe its a self-terminating
device, but I don't know...  Are there any terminators that would go on
the end of a 50 pin ribbon?
	Anyway, I don't think the cabling is a problem.  I ran a media
verify from the onboard bios and it went through the whole drive with
no problems, except for the usual media defects.  I also did a dma transfer
test from the bios and it came up clean.
	Are there any kernels that are known to work _for_sure_ with an
AHA-1542CF??  Maybe that's my problem...

				Mike