HELP for network setup

I'm recently instaling Debian 1.1. from CD-ROM. I made
 X11 window works. Everything seems fine
and I like it except that I can not make networking up.

Here is my situation:
   I have a office-wide LAN with a hub. Currently A freeBSD and
Sun workstation are communicating through hub very well.
So I don't have the direct access to Internet, but I do registered
my domain name as newsham.com. I do have a PPP account
(with static IP 205.198.193.254) provided by the local ISP.
I have NE2000 Ethernet card installed.

I am using following IP numbers for my machines
   192.168.3.1      ultralean.newsham.com   # Sun station
   192.168.3.2      supanee.newsham.com     # freeBSD
   192.168.3.4      xlean.newsham.com       # Linux (Debian 1.1)

All this IP number are not registered, they only work locally.

How can I configure the network and make PPP work under Debian.

I guess  the netmask is 255.255.255.0. Then what is the IP
 adddress of my network? what is the broadcastaddress to use
 on my network? what is the IP address of the default
 gateway system you should route to, if I do not have a
 gateway?

Please help. I am almost desperated with Linux (I spent
3 days to install Slackware96, but Slackware96 is very buggy).

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you have a little time this evening and you willing
to help me on networking, give me your phone number (international
number is fine) I will phone you.

Best Regards
Tianlin Wang