Re: LaTeX

There have been a few buggy LaTeX packages around. I had the same problem.
I found that by explicitly defining the variables below everything would
work ok. I understand this shouldn't be necessary, but for some
reason kpathsea doesn't do its job right on my system (by the way,
you could try and set the varibale KPATHSEA_DEBUG=1/2/4/8/16/32 --
read the info file through emacs-- this will show a bunch of info
about where kpathsea is looking for the various files and more. This
is what lead me to explicitly set the variables below).

Good luck,

Giuseppe

# TeX, LaTeX etc.
TEXMF=/usr/lib/texmf
TEXMFLOC=/usr/local/lib/texmf
TEXMFUSR=$HOME/texmf
TEXINPUTS=.:$TEXMFUSR//:$TEXMFLOC/tex//:$TEXMF/tex//
export TEXINPUTS