Re: Re[2]: dosemu 0.60.3-1 won't run

> However, the latest development version for 2.0.x kernels
> (dosemu-0.63.1.80) compiles cleanly.  I haven't been able to get it to
> run yet because when I attempt to load the module "emumodule.o", I get
> an error message to the effect that the package was compiled for the
> 2.0.0 kernel while I am running the 2.0.6 kernel.  Probably something
> to do with the Debian kernel header files.  I just got it to compile
> this morning and hope to sort out the "emumodule.o" problem this
> evening when I get home from work.
>
> BTW, the DOSEMU development work is located at:
> 	http://www.ednet.ns.ca/auto/rddc
> and the DOSEMU homepage is at:
> 	http://www.ednet.ns.ca/~macleajb/dosemu.html

I don't know the "best" way to get dosemu-0.63.1.80 running with the
2.0.6 kernel but I was successful after renaming /usr/include/linux
and /usr/include/asm-i386, temporarily, and creating symbolic links
from /usr/include to corresponding directories in
/usr/src/linux/include.  After compilation and installation, the
symbolic links can be removed and the old directories returned to
their former role.  There must be a better way but after a lot of
wasted effort, I found that this worked.

--
         Network Services      _|\|   |/|_       rrusk@uvic.ca