Plug and Play Kernel Support

I found a package named PnP4kernel.tar which is supposed to add Plug
andPlay support to the Linux kernel.  I get the following error message
when I try to compile the tools software:

  tools.h:20: ncurses/curses.h: No such file or directory

Do I have a missing Debian package -- Which one?

Has anybody else tried this PnP support package?

Are there any pre-compiled kernels around with the Pnp feature built in?

I'm trying to follow the INSTALL instructions that came with the
package.  I got as far as step 3 and got stuck:

3) alter /usr/src/linux/drivers/Makefile so that it will cause pnp/pnp.o
to be linked into the kernel.

What exactly do I have to do to cause pnp/pnp.o to be linked into the
kernel?

Thanks in Advance,

Jim  Sun Sep 22 01:03:29 EDT 1996

--
Jim Worthington  mailto:jworthington@worldnet.att.net
Engineering Consultant: HDTV Display, Analog, RF, & Digital Design