Re: Filename case

> I'm using Debian .96 and have a need to change all the files in a
> directory from uppercase to lowercase (ftp'ed from DOS).  Is there a
> quick method or command to do this?

Not a single command, but a small combination of utils will do.
[Solution for use with a Bourne shell, e.g. bash;
 a (t)csh solution is left as an exercise to the reader]
1. 'cd' to the appropriate directory
2. Do the following:
   for file in * ; do
     mv $file `echo $file | tr '[A-Z]' '[a-z]'`
   done

Hope this helps,
Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go