Re: where's man ??

On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, Paul Christenson wrote:

> Boris Beletsky wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Dale Scheetz wrote:
>
> > dwarf>If you only installed the base system then the only editor
> > dwarf>availabe is AE (Andrews Editor). This was done because AE is
> > dwarf>small enough to fit on the base disks.
>
> > I am sorry, but isn't vi designed for that purpose?
>
> Maybe it was, but vi, as all good, small programs, suffers from
> "creeping featurism", and the result:
>
> [snip]

But ae is somewhat broken -- it puts DOS-style CR/LF as EOL :(  I had
problems with /etc/modules until I installed vi and realized the problem.

Vad.

Vadik V. (_`    vadik@arbornet.org  http://www.arbornet.org/~vadik/
Vygonets (_.lf  For PGP public key, email me with sibject "get pgpkey"
Linux hackers are funny people: They count the time in patchlevels.