Re: Linux binary? (Tkined)

david@elo.ods.com (David Engel) said:

David>	Aside to Juergen.  What do you think of Dr. Ousterhout's proposed
David>	improvement to package loading?  I will probably add it, or something
David>	similar, to the Debian version of Tcl 7.5 before packaging Scotty
David>	2.1.2.

Well, you know that I am not 100 % happy with John's solution. Anyway,
scotty will use whatever mechanism will appear in Tcl 7.6 to pickup
packages automatically. (I still hope that John modifies its scheme a
bit.)

I don't think that the patches proposed on the comp.lang.tcl list
create nasty side effects - you need a complicated setup with some
naming conflicts to make this happen. So it should be save to include
one or both of these patches in the Debian version if you are prepared
to change this scheme again when Tcl7.6 comes out.

							Juergen