Re: where's man ??

Hi Boris --

You said:
> On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Dale Scheetz wrote:
>
> dwarf>If you only installed the base system then the only editor
>       availabe is AE
> dwarf>(Andrews Editor). This was done because AE is small enough to fit
        on the
> dwarf>base disks.
> I am sorry, but isn't vi designed for that purpose?
> I mean why should ppl learn other editors commands when there is a good old
> vi :-) ? , at least that what i felt when i installed debian on my system.

The operative word here is *learn*.  'ae' essentially takes no learning.
A person who never saw it before could use it.  'ae' is useful enough
to get your system going well enough to install whatever editor you like.

BTW, you can always edit the bootdisk.sh script that comes in the
boot-floppies package written by Bruce, and build custom boot disks
for yourself that do contain vi.

Regards,
Susan Kleinmann