Re: (Solved): Re: recompiling kernel and ppp

Kevin,

A similar problem occurs if mgetty is running on ttyS1 and I try to dial out
for ppp using cua1 - the messages is "Sorry - this system lacks PPP kernel
support". Changing the ppp dial out to ttyS1 works fine.

This looks like the reporting problem is either with the kernel or with pppd.
Is your setup with xringd similar -ie a combination of ttyS1 and cua1?

Sorry I didn't get a chance to send this to you earlier.

Thomas

--
Thomas R Behrndt					behrndt@enternet.com.au