Re: Swap partition and fdisk

Thank you all for replying. I was not very clear about my second
question. Currently, I have a DOS partition that takes up 25% of the
total disk space and the rest is empty. My concern was if I would lose
any data on the DOS partition if I create two Linux partitions using
Linux fdisk on the empty disk space. The installation notes say that it
is POSSIBLE to wipe out any existing data while trying to create Linux
partitions: "Here's your first chance to wipe out all of the data on
your disks, and your last chance to save your old system."

My question is if it is a POSSIBILITY or a CERTAINTY to lose your
existing DOS partition if you don't mess up w/ it and only make Linux
partitions on the empty diskspace. Thanks.

A. R. ABID
aa2g@andrew.cmu.edu

Excerpts from mail: 18-Sep-96 RE: Swap partition and fdisk by Rik
Ling@pipcom.com