Suck and innxmit

Hello,

I would very much like to read my mail and news off-line.
So I thought suck and inn would be good choice for that.

Now I have tried to set up a news spool. What comes to the
local news, everything is working fine. I can send articles
to local groups and I can read them with all news readers.

The problems arise when I wanted to get some real news
from the real world. I'm using pppd to connect to ISP
and there haven't been no problems with that.

I've tried get news to my machine with suck and that is
working all right. I get them the way I want to get them
to a batchfile. I'm using
suck news.server.com -dm /var/lib/suck -m batchfile

That creates a batchfile which innxmit should feed to the
news spool. Here's where the problems start. When a
give command innxmit localhost batchfile all I get is
this...

Unknown reply to "/var/lib/suck/153-155" -- 480 Transfer permission denied
Unknown reply to "/var/lib/suck/154-155" -- 480 Transfer permission denied
Unknown reply to "/var/lib/suck/155-155" -- 480 Transfer permission denied

for every article I just get from my ISP's news server. What's
the problem. Have I configured inn the way I can't feed news spool?
Still I'm doing all I explained above as a root. I've tried to read
the manuals but I haven't found what I do wrong.

By the way, Debian 1.1 included a script called get-news.inn.
Haven't get any more success by using it. Things stop working
at exactly the same place.

any kinds of suggestions are highly appreciated,

regards,

Tapio