Re: Version 2.0

Bruce Perens wrote:

> However, you will be able to download a package from our FTP site and
> upgrade your system to 2.0.20 .

> Installing a package takes a one-line shell command.

So, when will the kernel-package appear on the CD-ROM distributions?  I
had to recompile the kernel before I could get net access, and I needed
net access before I could (properly) rebuild the kernel.

My problem was that the NE2000 module would crash the system when I
tried to load it.  For some reason, it has to be compiled into the
kernel.

--
         | Technical Support Engineer, Cyclades Corporation  |