Re: Re^2: dvips top margin

Hi Dirk --
>   Susan>  I had another problem with the latest version of TeX which I could
>   Susan> not seem to fix by adjusting dvips/config.ps.  It was that an extra
>   Susan> 1" seemed to have been added to the margins on all sides.  I fixed
>   Susan> this using vmargin, but that wasn't necessary before.

Dirk> Weird. Do you get those margins even when you say
Dirk> 	$ latex testpage
Dirk> to run this LaTeX2e-updated utility that originates from Lamport?
Dirk> On my box the rulers go right to the edges.

Right.  That's what I get also.  Your question prompted me to double
check the headers on similar files I'd produced last semester, and sure
enough I did have to use vmargin then also.  (But I don't remember whether
I had to use it because I would have otherwise had 2" margins.)

Thanks for your help.
Susan