Re: newaliases script?

Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca said:

>   Kevin>  I've got an application I'm trying to install on my new Debian
>   Kevin> system and it is giving me a warning about a missing script (called
>   Kevin> newaliases).
> [...]
>   Kevin> Anyone have any ideas about where I can find this script?
>
> miles:~ [root] # zgrep newaliases /mirror/debian/rex/Contents.gz
> usr/bin/newaliases                                           sendmail
> usr/man/man1/newaliases.1                                    sendmail

...but as i just found out, if you install smail, you don't get
`newaliases', but rather `mkaliases' (in /usr/sbin).  it's kinda
inconsistent -- the man page for smail lists `newaliases' at the top,
but never mentions it again.

i did just do an `ln -s newaliases mkaliases' and running `newaliases'
worked fine, so that's a workable short-term fix.

john