Re: Installation problems: boot, nfs, X

From: Mikko Suonio <msuonio@cc.helsinki.fi>
> Starting Dynamic Drive Overlay
> Press spacebar to boot from diskette...
> ERROR: Incompatible BIOS Translation Detected.
> Refer to your Ontrack documentation for more information.
> Insert boot ...
>
> It seems to be a hardware problem. Or?

You are using Ontrack Disk Manager on your hard disk. This isn't going
to work well with Linux. If you don't have anything _but_ Linux on that
hard drive, I suggest you purge Disk Manager from the drive. If this is
the "C:" drive on the computer, you can probably purge it by saying "y"
to the "install master boot record" question when you install the LILO
package.

Otherwise, just boot Linux from a floppy.

Regarding the NFS problem, please build a custom kernel for your system.

 3. I am not able to run XFree. I'm using the Mach64-server with a
XF86Config that worked with RH 2.1. I just get (startx)

PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file  Roman_M
Fatal server error:
Cannot open mouse (No such device)

The ps/2 mouse driver is in the "psaux" module.

	Bruce