Re: DANGER: installing ld.so & libc5 with dftp

   From: ronald@and.nl (Ronald van Loon)
   Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 08:53:42 +0200 (MET DST)

   |">    Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 11:19:55 -0400
   |">    From: "Brian C. White" <bcwhite@verisim.com>
   |">
   |">    Apparently, until "ld.so" is configured "libc5" won't install, and if
   |">    "libc5" insn't configured then perl breaks.  After which nothing will
   |">    install.
   |">
   |"> I believe this just happened to me with dpkg-ftp as well.
   |"
   |"It sounds like dpkg-ftp and dftp don't respect pre-depends?  That would
   |"be extremely bad.

   Hmmm, I installed my entire system with the 5 disks and dpkg-ftp (1.1.4) and
   had no problems whatsoever.

My initial installation went fine.  But at some point dselect decided to pull
down more recent version of (I believe) libc5 and ld.so and dpkg.  That was
when the problems occurred.

--Mike