Lynx and binary files

Good day folks,

I've been runnning into a problem with lynx and download of files.

In an ftp-listing I try to download two files

(a)	x.tar.gz
and
(b)	x.deb

Case (a) works without any problem, but the downloaded file (b) isn't
usable.  I then took look at the ftpserver and found out that (a) was
fetched in binary mode, but for (b) an ascii connection was used.

Before downloading lynx shows the following (not exactly)

(a)	Content-type: application/GNU Compr. Tar

(b)	Content-type: text/plain

The question now is, who tells lynx to identify these files?