Re: Strange problems with mc.

 Scheetz (warf) writes:

 >Subject: Strange problems with mc.
 >Author:  debian-user@lists.debian.org at cclink
 >Date:    12.09.96 04:59
 >Just recently I have begun having strange problems with midnight
 >commander. After some time some of the keys stop working. This usually
 >involves the arrow keys, but occasionaly the function keys stop working
 >as well. When this happens pressing the key produces characters at the
 >prompt, but no results. In the case of the arrow keys I can quit mc, type
 >reset at the prompt and return to mc with functional arrow keys. In the
 >case of the function keys killing the process and resetting the terminal
 >does not fix the problem. However, if I log out and log back in mc again
 >works fine. I am using the 3.2.1-1 version of mc. I have updated several
 >package recently (don't clearly remember which ones) and installed xpdf.
 >Has anyone had similar problems? Anybody have any idea what's happening?>

 Well I have just an idea of what may be the problem if that happens under
 X. If you have the problem on the console too, just forget this message.

 It smells like a terminfo/termcap problem. xterm have usually such a
 problem.  I experienced the same running mc on HP machines with broken
 terminfo database. In the manual of mc there is some info about how to fix
 that.
 hope it helps,
 lazaro <salem@rf.no>