Re: bug ins installation disks utilities?

Amos,

This sounds like a probelm that I'm trying to track down!

Here are some key questions:

1) Is your floppy boot disk connected to the floppy controller on the
   1542?
2) What is the ROM release of the 1542?  (It should appear as the
system
   starts up).
3) What brand and revision is your system BIOS?

-and-

4) Does the problem go away if you turn off the internal and/or
external
   cache?

Turning off the cache seems to be the way to get around this problem.
 To do this, you need to go into the BIOS setup. The settings might be
"internal" and "external" cache, or "level 1" and "level 2" cache, or
something like that.

*PLEASE* let me know the answers to these questions.  I've got the same
problem.  I've worked around it but I really want to *solve* it!

Thanks!
Chris -)-----

On Sep 11,  7:50pm, Amos Shapira wrote:
> Subject: bug ins installation disks utilities?
: Hello,
:
: I was trying to test the boot process of Debian 1.1.8, which kept
: failing in the stage of unpacking the bases diskettes.
:
: The system is:
:
: 80486 DX2/66