Re: DOSEMU

> I got and compiled DOSEMU 0.63.1.75. After several attempts, going back
> and forth to pick up needed stuff like bison, byacc, libslang it finally
> compiled. Then when I tried to run it, I get this:
>
> Error:	The module was compiled on kernel version 2.0.0
> 	This kernel(mine) is version 2.0.13. They don't match.
> 	Check that the module is useable with the current kernel,
> 	recompile the module and try again.
>
> Where can I find the up to date module (emumodule) ? Or what should
> I do to make the one I have match the current kernel?
>

> Chuma

I had some problems like that at one time when compiling some programs.
Chances are the /usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm are pointing
to the original installed kernel you had.  You have probably since
then compiled your own version of the kernel but not used the proper
Debian kernel source package and hence didn't update these two
directories.  You may want to try making symbolic links for these
directories to the include directories for the kernel you compiled
and do a clean recompile of dosemu.

Cheers!
Richard..

Richard Dansereau
Email: rdanse@pobox.com          Home page:  http://pobox.com/~rdanse
Electrical and Computer Engineering - University of Manitoba - Canada