Protections against a mad maintainer?

Hi,

It just occured to me that any evil intentioned or mad maintainer could add
	rm -rf /
or anything of this sort in a postinst script.

I just would like to know what kind of protection debian could offer against
such an unpleasant event. I am sure Bruce cannot afford to be very picky in the
choice of maintainers (there are orphan packages crying for one).

This is the kind of argument against Debian being used at large in my
institute, the result being that half man pages are missing, even if you have
such a complete manpath as

MANPATH=/lapphp8/users/orloff/local/man:/usr/man:/usr/local/man:/usr/local.old/man:/lapphp0_2/local/X11R5/man:/lapphp1_1/usr/man:/lapphp1_1/usr/local/man:/usr/contrib/man

Amities,

		Jean Orloff
+Tel:(33)50.09.16.75   Fax:(33)50.09.94.95  http://lapphp0.in2p3.fr/~orloff/ +
In a Belgrade hotel elevator:
       To move the cabin, push button for wishing floor. If the cabin
       should enter more persons, each one should press a number of
       wishing floor.  Driving is then going alphabetically by
       national order.