Re: how to sign up to debian-devel?

On Mon, 9 Sep 1996, Joey Hess wrote:

> I'm a new debian developer, and though everything else is working fine,
> I'm not signed up to the debian-devel mailing list. I've tried mailing
> the owner, sending subscribe messages to the listserver, etc, and I've
> never gotten any response back (It's been weeks). So, a last plea here:
> how can I sign up to that mailing list?

Hm, I also tried to subscribe mailing to the listserver.  I did this
because of the following text in http://www.debian.org/1.1/release.html

To subscribe to the mailing lists, send the word "subscribe" to one of
these addresses:

debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
       There are a lot of experienced users on this list who can answer
any question you might have. There can be 20 messages a day or more on
this list.
debian-announce-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
	Major system announcements. Averages less than one message per week.
debian-changes-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
       This is a list for announcements of new package uploads for the
Debian system. It may carry several announcements in a day.

I also didn't receive an answer.  Then i tried filling in the form
http://www.rahul.net/perens/Debian/MailingLists.html.  This worked fine.
There's a link from www.debian.org to this page.

Jan