g77 and gcc-2.7.2.1

I have updated my Linux Version from buzz to rex. During this update
the GNU-C compiler Release 2.7.2 was replaced by Version 2.7.2.1.

After this I have detected, that the Fortran Compiler g77 is not
working longer since it was based on 2.7.2. I have than copied all
the stuff from the 2.7.2 Version subdirectory to 2.7.2.1. Now
the compiler was working but only half. As son as I try to link an
absolute module it crashes. I think this is because of some internal
incompatibility between 2.7.2 and 2.7.2.1.

Now I am searching for a g77 implementation which is working with
gcc-2.7.2.1 (from current rex release). I would be happy if someone could
point me to the right link.

Thanks a lot in advance

Hartmut