Re: Getty ports - dumb question

[Why do I have gettys running on tty1 through tty6? I only have 2 serial ports]

These are virtual consoles using your VGA card. Push LeftAlt-F2 on your console
(I think it's Control-LeftAlt-F2 or Shift-LeftAlt-F2 if you are running X) and
you will be on tty2. And so on for Alt-F3, through Alt-F6. You can set up
some rediculous number (like 64) of virtual consoles and access them via
various combinations of the left and right alt keys, shift, and the function
keys. By default we only run getty on the first 6.

	Bruce