Re: hellish symlinks in archive

"Nathan O. Siemers":
> You know, it is not straightforward to keep *only* the intel binaries
> mirrored on another machine. I did write a preliminary mirror config file:
> Does anyone have a better config file for this purpose?

Here's a sanitized version of mine:

package=debian-rex
site=ftp.lh.umu.se
remote_dir=/pub/linux/debian/rex/
local_dir=/x/mirror/debian/rex/
get_newer=false
max_delete_files=50%
max_delete_dirs=10%
exclude_patt=(&
^buzz&
|^unstable&
|^upgrades&
|^project/experimental/dpkg&
|^debian-lists&
|^Incoming&
|ls-lR&
|(^|/)disks-&
|^WebPages&
|^debian-bugs&
|^indices/\.&
|^indices/md5sums$&
|[^be]/binary/&
|binary-[^ia]&
|binary-alpha&
|msdos&
|ms-dos&
|m68k&
)

It's full of old cruft, but perhaps it workable. My actual
rule is about three times longer, because I exclude a number
of packages I'm not interested in.

OTOH, using dpkg-ftp or dftp might be a better alternative.