Re: emacs troubles

On Wed, 4 Sep 1996, Me wrote:

|>Date: Wed, 04 Sep 1996 15:34:35 -0600
|>From: Me <marcus@starnetinc.com>
|>To: Debain <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
|>Subject: emacs troubles
|>
|>I'm trying to install emacs. Why, I don't know. I can't find the
|>'elf-x11r6lib'. I shouldn't need Xwindows to run this do I?
|>Just need pointing in the right direction.
emacs is an editor with text/graphic interface
so u can compile emacs with out graphic-x interface
or! u can just d/l the pkg xlib (./x11) and install it - emacs is not the only
one app that have text/x interface , u whould have the same prob with ytalk
but u can always get the src (well almoust) and compile it with out the Xlib
needed.
one or the other
Regards
borik