Re: need libbsd.so.1.0.0

joost witteveen writes:
> > > The current implementation of postgres95 for Debian requires
> > > libbsd.so.1.0.0, but the libc5 package includes only libbsd.a.
> > > (How) can I make libbsd.so.1.0.0 from the .a file?
> > > (Sorry to be asking what I imagine is such a naive question.)
> >
> > I have no idea where the libbsd.so.1.0.0 came from.
>
> But if you've got the .a file, cannot you make the .so file by:

Guy already answered the part about building a shared library.

> (I may well be _very_ wrong, and please flame me if I am,
> but I just _think_ it would work, and it's easy to find out).

My point was that somebody built a package that uses a shared library
that we don't even provide.  IMO, finding out, what it is, where it
came from and why it was used is more important than making a shared
version of the libbsd.a provided by libc.

David