Re: Make errors

joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl (joost witteveen) writes:
(snip)
> You just don't have the command "makeinfo" installed.
> It's in the texinfo package.
>
> Installl texinfo, and you should be OK.

Or, emacs can do the job, if you have it.  (And what are you making?
I've always run into this building emacs-related packages, so I'm
guessing you have it, but perhaps it shows up far afield.)

The makefile you're using should have an entry like

	MAKEINFO      = makeinfo

and perhaps also

	EMACS = emacs

which you could add, if not.

Change the first to

	MAKEINFO      = $(EMACS) -batch -q -f batch-texinfo-format

and it will run emacs in batch (non-interactive) mode to do the job.

Does that fit?

--

Ed Donovan			edonovan@world.std.com