Re: dselect ftp through fire-wall

On Fri, 30 Aug 1996, Martin Fehlhaber wrote:

> I sure hope this is not a FAQ...
>
> How is it possible to use the ftp access from within dselect to reach
> through a fire-wall system? Alternatives?

Some firewalls allow you to log in with a coded login/passwd
pair so it can make the proxified connection for you
transparently.  Check with your firewall administrator to
see if yours supports this.  If so, just enter the proper
information when dselect asks you for your login and passwd,
and then tell it the firewall system name as the ftp server.
That should do it.  We don't support that functionality
here, so I can't test it, but let us know if it does work.

> Thanx,
> --
> Martin Fehlhaber
> lo1be.mfehlh01@eds.com

Good luck!

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com
201-739-2886 - whippany, nj

Bear Stearns is not responsible for any recommendation, solicitation, offer or
agreement or any information about any transaction, customer account or account
activity contained in this communication.