Re: mailing list

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996 10:20:41 EDT Ninoles, Fabien: DGSE
(ninoles.fabien@ic.gc.ca) wrote:

> Two things I would like to see in the Debian Mailing Lists:
> First... An added [Debian:] tag before the suggest for those
> like me who receive from mush than one list.

Why ? Use procmail or mh or whatever to split your incoming mail.
I've goit a .maildelivery file that I can share with you.

> A good thing to see is some news mecanism. Aren't time to put
> Debian list on news groups? They aren't enought users? I think
> that we got so more users and be more accessible if we put
> almost Debian-Users on news (mostly a moderate one but we can do
> without). I receive near to 50 mails by day just from this list
> and it's not the only one I'm suscribed! News group will help
> to keep track of which mail was already replied and will avoid
> some traceback.

Can you elaborate on that ?

> About other news mecanism, I was thinking about some web-news
> service such the one from O'Really. I'm not really good in doing
> CGI but I can try to do something (or let this to someone else)
> if you're interested.

Where can we see this stuff ?
There's already the debian mailing list archives on the Debian
homepage.

Phil.