Re: dosemu whoes

I think you need the xcompat package because dosemu is still an aout
package.  However, you might also have another problem in acessing the
floppy drive, once you get the previous problem fixed.  If you do ( which
you will be able to tell, by it saying can't access floppy not a good day
to die), you should replace the floppy line in dosemu.conf to read

floppy { image "/var/lib/dosemu/fd0image" }

and then dd the boot floppy to the image by running

dd if=/dev/fd0 of=/var/lib/dosemu/fd0image
	   ^assuming A: drive,     ^if not, might want to change this too.

This is only a fix to let you get dosemu up and running, it means you
don't really have access to a floppy drive.  This bug has been fixed in
the Development releases, if you wan't to install those on your own.

Hope this helps,

Shaya
--
Shaya Potter