Re: Fix for your serial/PPP problems

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996 00:14:10 PDT Philippe Troin (phil) wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Aug 1996 00:23:16 EDT renald loignon (rhl@CAM.ORG) wrote:
>
> > Could someone knowledgeable in low-level kernel matters take a look at the
> > following?  I looked at the Web page, and though it sounds interesting
> > overall (and it WOULD solve a serial problem I experienced with Debian 1.1.1
> > and kernel 2.0.6), there appear to be some technical inaccuracies which give
> > me second thoughts. Any comments appreciated.
> [mail copy snipped]
>
> I've browsed through the web page, and this just looks sensible to me.
> The question is: why isn't this part of standard kernel ?

I've been trying it for over 24 hours, and I must say I'm quite impressed.
PPP  performance has really increased. It is streaming for long periods without
interruption. And no kernel Ooops or no problems.
Seemingly no problems...
Can anyone confirm these subjective enhancements ? I mean my PPP connection
might just be better by other means...

Phil.