Re: ipfwadm?

Hi,

# ipfwadm -F -i masquerade -P all -S 192.168.210.0/0 -D 0.0.0.0/0

this is OK.

> The reason for the question is this; the ipfwadm -M -l shows no masquerade
> rule set.

ipfwadm -M -l (or netstat -M) will only show you masqueraded connections,
not the rules. The rules are displayed with "ipfwadm -F -l".

> So, I ran tcpdump on wb2oyc while doing this.  Sure enough, there I see
> packets sent from the Web host directly to the address of the laptop (!)
> which is assigned the address in the 192.168 reserved space and shouldn't
> ever get thru my ISP's router!

I think tcpdump is collecting the already masqueraded packets. You need to
snoop from an other host. Or simply use telnet to loginto any system which
will show you the source you are connecting from.

Greetings
Bernd