Re: lilo installation on IDE disk > 500 megabytes

Hi Charles --

>    I tried creating a subdirectory c:\linux in DOS, then from linux:
>
>      mkdir ./dos
>      mount /dev/hda1/linux ./dos
>      cp /boot ./dos

Your mount command (as given above) is making a DOS file system accessible
under a Linux directory.  That seems unusual.

If you just want to run loadlin, I recommend something simpler:

In DOS, execute:

mkdir <dirname>

To be specific, I'll use the word lboot for dirname, but feel free to pick
another.

Then unzip lodlinNN.zip into c:\lboot.

Then boot Linux.

mount -t /dev/hda1/lboot /dos
cp /vmlinuz /dos/lboot

Then reboot DOS.

cd lboot

Make yourself a file called "linux.bat", or whatever you like.
Include these two lines:
smartdrv /C
c:\lboot\loadlin  c:\lboot\vmlinuz root=/dev/hda2 ro

Then execute your batch file by just typing "linux".

Good luck,
Susan Kleinmann